Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 1

Since this is for my own edification, I'm going to keep track of meals and eventually glucose levels, insulin and other meds as well as weight, body mx etc. I found an Android app to take care of most of that part above.

Here are the meals for 1/1:

B: Apple Porridge (Ani Phyo)

LOVED THIS! Great first meal on the diet. Basically processed nuts (I used hazelnuts), apples, flax meal, dates, agave, and goji berries.  I added some almond milk after the processing to give it that oatmeal/cereal feel.  Next time I think I'll add some cinnamon. Maybe some dried coconut too. I'll play with it and see what comes out. I was in such a hurry to get started I misread the instructions and blended the gojis and dates (didn't have any dried figs) in instead of just adding on top.

L: Kimchi (Sun Luck)

I punted on this one and ate kimchi from a jar I picked up at the store.

D: Inside Out Burger (Ani Phyo)

Basically a blend of beets, carrots, almond meal and flax meal... and a couple other ingredients I can't remember.  Didn't do this according to the instructions because I didn't read the recipe closely enough at the end (twice in one day!). Ended up using the patties as large burger patties and adding romaine and tomatoes. It was okay. Todd didn't gag on it :) Used mostly beets. Think I'll do mostly carrots next time... maybe 1 or 2 beets and the rest carrots?

No comments:

Post a Comment