Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 7

B: Chia cereal
Threw my worries about fat intake out the window and added the coconut again.  Gojis, raisins, pumpkin seeds and cinnamon too.  This may just be my favorite variation.  Might add banana next time.

L: Gingerbread latte (Starbucks)
There's my 25% for the day :)  At least it was decaf.

D: Kelp Noodles with pesto
So my Sea Tangle order came in today and I couldn't WAIT to try them but how?  Surprisingly, none of the cookbooks I'd purchased had any kelp noodle recipes.  I really just wanted something where the noodles were the star with some sauce or dressing to help them along and here's what I found: http://bonzaiaphrodite.com/2009/03/recipes-review-raw-kelp-noodles/

I went with the basil pesto option and some halved cherry tomatoes.  Next time I'll cut back on the garlic (a little overpowering, though I only used 2 cloves - they were large cloves) and add a bit of salt.  T loved it.  By far our favorite recipe so far.  I softened the noodles a little by soaking in a water and lemon juice bath while I whipped up the pesto.  Yum, yum, yum!!!

Next time I'm going to try this one:
http://vt-fiddle.com/blog/?p=107

Oh... and after no insulin all day, my blood sugars were only at 176 when I went to bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment