Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 4

B: Simple green smoothie 

Just spinach and pineapple... and a dash of cinnamon. Meant to throw in a banana and got sidetracked. Add mint to the whole concoction and you have my favorite smoothie.  The pineapple looked like it might start to go iffy so decided to go with the smoothie today instead of yesterday's fabulous chia cereal.  Wasn't thrilled with this smoothie so will come up with a different one to use up the rest of the pineapple tomorrow.

L: Corn chowder w/ Eggplant Bacon (Ani Phyo)


The chowder was a bit watery... probably because I used frozen corn.  I also didn't make the jalapeno kream to "dollop" on top like the recipe called for.  I actually really enjoyed the eggplant bacon.  Doesn't really taste like bacon but was still a nice salty flavor of its own.  I had to dehydrate overnight... much longer than the 1-2 hrs the recipe called for.  Worth doing some more though, I think.

D: Leftover spinach quiche


Not sure how much longer that's going to last.  Still a little over 1/3 of the quiche left and not sure it's gonna get eaten.

S: Chia cereal


I needed a little something more after the quiche and was craving sweet so I went for another bowl of the chia cereal.  Hit the spot.


No comments:

Post a Comment