Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5

B: Almond-buttered Banana Freeze (w/o the freeze) (Ani Phyo)

I was looking for something sweet & creamy this morning so I went for this blended drink.  Basically almond butter, banana, agave, and cinnamon.  It calls for water too but I used almond milk (why use water when you can use something w/ flavor).  It also calls for ice but I find blended frozen drinks difficult to drink while driving plus it was a cold morning so I omitted the ice.  YUM-O!

L: Leftover corn chowder w/ eggplant bacon

D: Wet Burrito (Ani Phyo)

This was the first time I'd be cooking a raw meal for Sydney so I went for something I thought she might enjoy. Fail on that aspect.  I, however, thought it was delicious.  You mix up a batch of "taco meat" by processing walnuts and some other spices and seasonings and oil.  Mix up a batch of "cheeze" by processing nuts, lemon juice, oil and water. Chop up some tomatoes, onions, jalapenos & cilantro, add some lime juice & salt to make a pico de gallo.  Then blend similar ingredients to the above to create an "enchilada sauce".  Pile bits of it all into a cabbage leave for your "tortilla" and consume.  (I tossed slice avocado in there too because I had it.)  Loved it!!!  I'll definitely be doing this one again.

Snack: Kreamy Fruit Smoothie (Ani Phyo)

Again I was craving something sweet and creamy after dinner so I whipped up a smoothie made of hazelnuts, pineapple, banana and almond milk.  Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment